There is always hope...

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

I have heard that when an eagle wounds its wing, it tucks itself into the crevasse of a mountain and stays there until its wing is completely healed. The wing after being injured is stronger and more powerful than it was before.

We must fight the good fight of faith. We undoubtedly will come up wounded from time to time however, if we secure ourselves beneath the shadow of the Almighty we will grow stronger and more powerful with time.


Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Witness...


I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

I have come from a place of hurt and cutting remarks; a place of insecurity and criticism. Only to find my self empowered to give to those that which I did not have. I have learned to speak life, for His word tells us, “The tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit” Proverbs 18:21. I have spoke life into someone, by sending out a blessing for them every morning for the last few months and I have watched with sweet joy as their life has changed and they have moved towards greatness. I will never cease to pray for this person and speak blessings over their life. I believe this person is immensely important. The Lord is good and he hears our prayers for others. “From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things” Proverbs 12:14a.

I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

I have overcome suicidal depression. I have at one point in my life, many years ago now, been so reeked with sorrow that I didn’t even remember places that I went and people that I saw. I wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. Then I was saved and the promises of the Lord out weighed the lies of the devil. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28. I have learned to edify and build myself up with the word of God. I have overcome.

I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

I have a friend who was a new believer in the Lord and her husband was giving her a rough time about it. He was a critical man who carried a lot of frustration. My friend asked me one day to help her cry out to the Lord because she couldn’t take the constant persecution. That night I lay on my face before the Lord and cried out for my friend, that God would save her husband and relieve her of her burden. Two days later he was sitting in church beside her and he is going to be baptized and he has just returned victoriously from drug rehabilitation. He was hardened, now he is soft. He was skeptical, now he believes. He was lost, now he is saved.

I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

My friend was running wild and living amongst the world. He grew up in an abusive home and he couldn’t commit to one person. Because of the grace of the Lord he found a woman who loved the Lord and wanted to serve Him and through his and her prayers he was able to commit. Now he is secure in his new marriage to his best friend and they are building a beautiful life together. They find themselves woke up in the middle of night to pray… together.

I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

My friend who grew up in the church was confused about where she belonged and who she was. Through her steadfast commitment to the Lord she has found her way home and demonstrates her love for Him and for people as she plays the melody on the keyboard every church service. She is beautiful.

I am a witness to the glory of the Lord.

A fast paced married couple ran hard and played hard. They jumped from one business idea to another, one weekend in Cabo to a month in Panama, all in the attempt to find something that was missing. It wasn’t until they listened long enough to the still small voice of God that their souls calmed. They are no longer restless and they serve as Deacons in their church and lead people in their business powerfully and focused; with a sense of ease. Because they hope in the Lord they soar on wings like eagles.

I will continue to be a witness to the glory of the Lord.

I am free. I am free to embark on the passions He has favorably fashioned in me. I am acting and writing and trusting the Lord to unfold the ideas and talent he has placed within me. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed” Proverbs 16: 3. I believe the Lord for my passionate love; my husband. “Every good and perfect gift is from above” James 1:17. The Lord is faithful. Most of the time God’s miracles come in the form of people…so watch closely.

What have you witnessed?

1 comment:

  1. Becca, you have come so far since I first met you and because of that, you make me smile =)
    You are destined for greatness and you know that.
    You will have all the desires of you heart.

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete